Comprehensive Lung Cancer Center
Specialized Lung Cancer Services
The University of Cincinnati Cancer Institute Comprehensive Lung Cancer Center is committed to providing the most advanced, evidence-based medical care available while working vigorously to improve upon the current standard-of-care through research.
Specialized Services Include:
- Minimally invasive, rib-sparing surgery (thoracoscopic lobectomy) for early stage lung cancer.
- Advanced diagnostic imaging, including endobronchial ultrasound, navigational bronchoscopy, radiotracer-guided localization for small lung nodules and endoscopic ultrasound.
- 2D and 3D radiation therapy and brachytherapy for early stage lung cancers.
- Tumor-targeted therapies.
- 24/7 critical care physician coverage in the hospital intensive care units.
- 24/7 radiology physician coverage for inpatient care.
- Dedicated multidisciplinary lung cancer specialists (surgery, radiation oncology, hematology-oncology, pathology, radiology, pulmonary).
- Pain and symptom management services through the UC Health patient support services team.
- Low radiation dose CT-scan screening program for people at increased risk for lung cancer.
- Access to “state-of-the-art” clinical trials for all stages of disease.
- Smoking cessation program (read more).